Summer Music Camp
VYMA Summer Camp 2014 – July 14th to July 25th
In this program, students have the opportunity to immerse themselves in an exceptional music experience that is multifaceted and fun!
- How: The camp consists of daily rehearsals and workshops 2:00 pm – 6:00 pm Monday through Friday, which culminates in one performance. Activities include orchestra, jazz ensemble, chamber music, choir, conducting fundamentals, master class, music theory, jazz theory, sight reading techniques, fun with music history, rhythm fundamentals and handbells! Students participate in all classes offered. One public concert is performed at the end of the 2-week camp.
- Who: Open to all instrumentalists with a minimum of one-year instrumental instruction. Auditions are for placement purpose and only required for students not currently enrolled with VYMA.
- Auditions: June 24th & July 8th, 4:00 pm – 6:00 pm, by appointment only. Please contact our Program Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule an audition time.
- Camp Dates: July 14th – July 25th, 2014. Performance on Friday, July 25th at 7:00 pm.
- Where: Incarnation Community Center, 214 West Fairview, Glendale, CA 91202
- Tuition: $450, early bird special $400 (deadline May 10th). Limited scholarships available.
- Space limited to 50 students. Please reserve your space by May 10th.